* You need to install the USB drivers on your computer as the initial step. Install HiSuite and it will take care of the USB drivers for you � http://huaweinews.com/2013/07/hisuite-v1-8-10-download/
* Download and install RootGenius application. http://dl.huaweinews.com/Tools/RootGenius.zip password for the zip file is �huaweinews� and note that you will have to disable your antivirus program when you extract the file and installing it. Most of the virus guards might detect it as malware because of the included rooting exploit.
* Enable USB debugging and Application installs from unknown sources by going in to the settings menu
* Close the HiSuite program if its running and connect your Honor 3X to the PC using MTP mode.
* Start the RootGenius application and wait until it detects your phone. This program is in Chinese but the steps are so easy to follow so don�t worry about it.
After RootGenius detects your phone it will display a screen like the one above. Click the Root button here and wait until it prompts you with the success screen.
Congratulations your Honor 3X is now rooted. You can unplug the phone now and check if there is a app called �kinguser� on your menu. Alternatively verify the root by downloading a root checker app from Google Play. If you have used this guide to Root your Honor 3X please leave a comment with your findings because that will help other users who are willing to try this.
Post a Comment